Thunder By The Bay Raises Record Amount For Suncoast Charities For Children
The 24th Annual Thunder By The Bay Music & Motorcycle Festival held this past February at the Sarasota Fairgrounds, raised a net revenue of $267,000 for Suncoast Charities for Children. This exceeded last year’s net revenue of $225,000.
In addition to the traditional three-day Festival, other events included a sporting clay tournament, a “Taste of Thunder” whiskey tasting event, and a Thunder By The Bay “Rocks The Runway” Fashion Show. Suncoast Charities for Children Executive Director, Lucy Nicandri, stated: “We are extremely grateful for the generous support received from Festival sponsors, individual donors, vendors, dedicated volunteers, and everyone who attended the Festival. We look forward to sharing some exciting announcements soon, as we prepare to celebrate the Festival’s 25th Anniversary next February.”
Here are just a few examples of funding allocations, from Suncoast Charities for Children, made possible thanks to the 2022 Thunder By The Bay Music & Motorcycle Festival:
- Sports equipment for Special Olympics Florida/Sarasota County
- Wellness equipment and laptop computers for Loveland Center
- Preschool Summer scholarships and funding support for the “Growing Healthy Kids” Program to feed at-risk children at The Haven
- Playground equipment at The Florida Center for Early Childhood
- Preschool cribs and toddler cots at Children First
- Baseball batting helmets for Venice Challenger Baseball
- Funding to the Suncoast Foundation supported the installation of new hurricane-proof windows, doors, and air conditioning units for The Florida Center’s Sarasota and North Port campus locations – necessary renovations at The Haven campus in Venice – Necessary upgrades to Children First campus in Venice.
During a recent sponsor/volunteer appreciation reception, special recognition awards were presented to the following individuals:
- Volunteer Of The Year Recognition Awards – Ali Davidson | Scott Kessler | Bob Morrison | Bob Poneleit
- Commitment & Dedication Award – Maureen McAuley
- Outstanding Leadership Award – Greg Linehan, Board President
- Founding Sponsor Award – Rossiter’s Harley-Davidson
- Outstanding Photography Award – Tom Bender
- Traveler’s Recognition Award – Daniel Harley Phillips
The 25th Annual Thunder By The Bay Music & Motorcycle Festival is scheduled for February 17-19, 2023 at the Sarasota Fairgrounds. For updates and additional information visit the website.
*PHOTO CREDIT: Evan Ackerman
*SUNCOAST CHARITIES FOR CHILDREN CHECK PHOTO (L-R): Lucy Nicandri (Executive Director), Simon Williams, Maureen McAuley, Greg Linehan, Bob Morrison (Board Members), And Lisa Baer (Director of Special Events)