Elite Airways and Sarasota-Bradenton Airport Offer Travel Routes Here on the Suncoast
As we all continue to get back to normal after a long quarantine, we see Sarasota-Bradenton Airport here in our community offering more destinations to scratch our travel itch. Continuing to add nonstop destinations throughout the US and open up travel from our community without commuting to one of the bigger regional airports. One recent addition to the line-up is Elite Airways that will start July 1, 2021, offering the following options from SRQ:
- Nonstop service from SRQ to White Plains, NY (HPN)
- Continued service from HPN to Portland, ME (without plane change)
- AT HPN access Elite’s flight to Martha’s Vineyard (MVY)
- Finally, island Hope from HPN to Island of Nantucket (ACK)
This line-up gives even more options for a quick vacation, a trip to see family we have long been distant from, or reconnect with friends in those locales in the northeast. This is in addition to so many other amazing routes from Sarasota-Bradenton to help expand our vacation, visiting, and site seeing options from right here in our community.
Elite Airways Operations
Elite Airways operates both charter and scheduled passenger services for leisure and business passengers, groups, and corporations. The airline was founded in 2005 and is based in Portland. Portland International Jetport is their base airport where maintenance procedures commence.
The company’s goal is to provide quality services to its customers. They are proud of their “Elite Class” services and their safety records. They wish to provide passengers with the best deal possible on their jet from small to big cities. It is also pet-friendly. Other highlights in their history include:
- In 2014, Elite Airways operated flights for Branson Air Express.
- Beginning April 27, 2017, Elite Airways began its first international service, flying between Orlando Melbourne International Airport and South Bimini Airport in The Bahamas.
- In 2018 the airline refocused its scheduled operations on the core Newark & Portland to Florida flights.
- On August 6, 2019, it was announced that Elite Airways signed an operating agreement to provide the initial aircraft, flight crews, and maintenance service for the revival of the Midwest Express brand.
- Currently, they offer flights to:
- Asheville (AVL) Asheville Regional Airport
- Bimini (BIM) Bimini Airport
- Long Island (ISP) Long Island MacArthur Airport
- Myrtle Beach (MYR) Myrtle Beach International Airport
- New York (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport
- Orlando (MLB) Orlando Melbourne International Airport
- Portland (PWM) Portland International Jetport
- Sarasota Bradenton (SRQ) Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport
- Vero Beach (VRB) Vero Beach Regional Airport
Whether the travel bug has bitten, or you just need to see family or visit an old friend, Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport staff is working to bring many new options to our backyard. If the New York area is on your list of places to visit, look at Elite Airways’ offering at Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport. They might just save you a trip to Tampa or another regional airport and a whole lot of stress. Let’s get back out there and reconnect with those we love or just with our sense of adventure!
Photos courtesy of Deposit Photos