Your computer holds a huge amount of data, a lot of it very personal. Banking data, contracts, personal photos and more are all part of your treasure of information. So, why aren’t you taking computer security more serious?
Let me guess… your password to your computer is “Password” or “123” or something like that! Hackers use very sophisticated methods that run millions of combinations to get into your computer.
There are a lot of ways to make your computer more secure, too many to list here, but here are some “basic” suggestions.
• Use longer passwords, use a paraphrase
• Always add a number or symbol at the end of a password along with a capital letter or two
• Use a password manager to store your passwords like “Lastpass”, “Dashlane” or “1Password”
• Never store passwords in a file on your computer
• Change your passwords at least once a year
• Vary your passwords, don’t use one password for all of your accounts.
There is so much more to talk about when it comes to computer security. Start with the list above. Questions, please feel free to email us- info @ sarasotapost.com
photo from Deposit Photos