Florida Full Phase 1 Regulations in Effect May, 18, 2020
As a public service, the Suncoast Post is sharing Full Phase 1 Regulations for the state of Florida that go into effect on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Restaurants & Food Establishments
- May increase indoor capacity to 50% with proper social distancing
- Outdoor seating encouraged
- May operate up to 50% capacity indoor
Museums & Libraries
- May operate up to 50% capacity if permitted by local governments
Gyms & Fitness Centers
- May operate up to 50% capacity
- Self-sanitize machines and surfaces after use
- May submit re-opening plan to the State
Professional Sports Venues
- Professional sports teams are welcome in Florida
- Professional sports venues may open and operate for games, events and training
- Counties may seek approval to operate vacation rentals by submitting a written request and county vacation rental safety plan to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Elective surgeries may continue if a facility has adequate PPE, hospital bed surge capacity and works with the local community to prevent and/or contain outbreaks in long-term care facilities
Barber Shops & Salons
- Barber shops, hair salons and nail salons may operate while adhering to safety protocols effective May 11
- Students continue with distance learning
Long-Term Care Facilities
- Visitation in long-term facilities prohibited for COVID-19
- Hospitals required to test all individual before discharge to long-term care facilities
- Long-term care facilities required to transfer COVID-19 positive residents if the facility is not equipped for appropriate care
Safe. Smart. Step-By-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery.
Top photo from flgov.com.