Competition Schedule Released for the 2017 World Rowing Championships
With exactly six months to go until competition gets underway at the 2017 World Rowing Championships at Nathan Benderson Park, FISA (the World Rowing Federation) has released the racing schedule for the event. Some key highlights include:
• Competition will begin at 10:00 a.m. EDT from September 24-Septmeber 29. On September 30 and October 1, racing will start at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
• Pending any delays, competition will conclude each day before 2:00 p.m. EDT.
• Para-rowing races will commence on the morning of Tuesday, September 26 with some para-rowing Finals (FINALS B) happening on Thursday, September 28.
• The first of the major Finals (FINALS A) with medal presentations will take place on the afternoon of Friday, September 29 around 12:15 p.m. EDT. The remaining Finals will take place over Championship weekend, September 30 and October 1.
In addition, the 2017 World Rowing Championships host committee has announced that each day of the event will focus on a different theme, offering guests attending the Championships the opportunity to experience something new each day. As part of the larger Fan Fest, the onsite Expo area will feature vendors reflective of the daily theme.
• Saturday, September 23: Family Fun Day and Opening Ceremony
• Sunday, September 24: Pet Day
• Monday, September 25: Eco Day
• Tuesday, September 26: Farmers Market Day
• Wednesday, September 27: Military Appreciation Day
• Thursday, September 28: Golden Ages/-Community Service Day
• Friday, September 29: Local Attractions Day
• Saturday, September 30: Boating and Fishing Day
• Sunday, October 1: Health and Wellness Day
“As of today, six months out, our ticket sales have been stellar,” said Meredith Scerba, the executive director of the 2017 World Rowing Championships. “Now that the public has a better understanding of what will be taking place each day of the 2017 World Rowing Championships, we look forward to substantial sales growth.”
Tickets to the 2017 World Rowing Championships can be purchased online at: www.WRCH2017.com
ABOUT THE 2017 WORLD ROWING CHAMPIONSHIPS
From September 23 – October 1, 2017, the World Rowing Championships, an international rowing regatta organized by FISA (the World Rowing Federation), will be held at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida, the only Class A course in the United States and “where world-class athletes come to compete.” In the 48 years of the event’s existence, the United States has hosted only one other World Championships, in 1994 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
This weeklong event is held at the end of the northern hemisphere summer. In non-Olympic years, it is the highlight of the international rowing calendar. Rowing takes place in 26 different boat classes for both men and women.
Our goal is to attract athletes, family, friends and fans from around the United States and the globe, to attend this world-class event, and grow the following of rowing in the US.
For more information, please visit www.WRCH2017.com