Bite Squad- 1 in 3 Americans Say Preparing Income Taxes Affects Their Eating Habits
A survey conducted by Bite Squad, the online and mobile food delivery service, found that one third of U.S. consumers claim the thought of preparing income taxes impacts their eating habits. The Bite Squad survey asked U.S. consumers how they feel about food in relation to preparing their income taxes, and found that a large number of respondents change their eating habits to save money or cope with stress as the deadline to file taxes approaches.
Highlights from the survey include:
• Saving money is a top priority among U.S. consumers as tax day approaches, with 12% planning to cook more and 7% planning to eat less in an effort to be more fiscally prudent.
• U.S. online consumers change their eating habits to cope with the stress of taxes, with 13% planning to eat healthier to reduce stress and 5% planning to eat more to cope with stress.
• Saving time is a consideration among U.S. consumers as they prepare their income taxes, with 5% planning on using restaurant delivery services or getting take-out in order to save time.
• Women are more likely to eat healthier to deal with the stress (14% vs. 12%), while men are more likely to let restaurant delivery services like Bite Squad ease the burden of tax day (6% vs. 3%).
• Younger Americans (18-24) are much more likely to change their eating habits due to taxes than older Americans (65+) (45% vs. 26%).
“So many of our food behaviors and cravings stem from the environment around us,” said Craig Key, Chief Marketing Officer at Bite Squad. “This is a busy time of year for us, our customers are embracing the convenience of food delivery for a little relief during what can be a stressful time.”
For more information, visit www.bitesquad.com.
To help relieve the pressure of income tax preparation, Bite Squad is offering 7.5% off* all orders on tax day: April 17, 2018. They’ll give you a break even if Uncle Sam won’t. *Enter code TAXDAY18 at checkout for discount. Valid for 7.5% off delivery and catering orders of $20 (subtotal) or more on 4/17/2018. No cash value. Not valid towards tax, tip or booking fee. One per household. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
About the survey
Bite Squad commissioned Brandish Insights to survey U.S. online consumers through Google Surveys about their attitudes towards food and taxes. The survey was completed by 794 respondents with a 95% confidence level. Survey responses were collected between April 6, 2018 – April 9, 2018.
About Bite Squad
Bite Squad is a leading independent provider of online and mobile food ordering and delivery services in the United States. Founded in 2012, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Bite Squad partners with more than 10,000 local restaurants across more than 30 metropolitan areas to deliver fresh food straight to the customer’s door, quickly and hassle-free. To learn more about Bite Squad or to download the top-rated Bite Squad mobile apps.
photo from Deposit Photos