Swordfish Grill & Tiki in Cortez, FL Adapts to a New Type of Service
So much has changed in the last several months. Covid 19 has obviously changed the way we think and live. It has been a real challenge to the restaurant industry to think of a new type of service.
I had the opportunity to take a tour of the Swordfish Grill & Tiki with GM, Bob Slicker and was quite impressed. Laura Bell Adams also followed Bob around with her camera and developed a video of the upgrades.
The entire team at the Swordfish has worked so hard to make the restaurant comfortable for all who come to dine and, of course, sanitizing and cleanliness is #1.
New type of service
Here are some of the things they have done….. customers, friends and staff in mind at all times while adapting to the ever-changing regulations.
- Partitions between booths
- No seating/service directly at bars
- Added tables on dock area
- Curbside/dockside pickup
- ALL staff wearing face coverings
- Gloves being worn where appropriate
- Taking reservations to make it easier to comply with capacity limitations
- All tables 6 feet or more apart
- Covered seating on east side of building
- Frequent sanitization of high touch point areas
- Temperature checks for all staff
- No waiting in public spaces
- Dancing allowed ONLY at your own table
- Paper menus
There are great things going on at the Swordfish. While there is no dance floor (you can dance at your table), you can enjoy “live” music by some of the best musicians in the area like Tim Chandler, Ted Stevens & the Doo Shots and more.
They still have “Crab Races” on Tuesday night hosted by the one and only “Crab Man,” There is the Wednesday Night Extravaganza on Wednesday evening where Bob Slicker continues to tell bad jokes (sorry Bob) and give away millions (possibly!),. And the Thursday night Prime Rib and more.
Swordfish Grill & Tiki
4628 119th St. West (MM 49 By Boat)