SunCoast Blood Centers Needs Your Help
We saw on Facebook that the SunCoast Blood Centers needs blood and plasma and thought you’d like to know.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
PLEASE share! What you need to know about COVID-19 antibody testing at SunCoast Blood Centers:
- All donors will be tested at no charge
- You must meet all donor eligibility guidelines to donate and you must have a successful donation
- This is NOT a diagnostic test for the virus
- Do NOT donate if you have been sick or had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- ONLY those who test positive will be notified by letter, within business days.
- If you do not receive a letter you are presumed negative for the antibodies.
- If you have questions about items 1-5 please call 941-413-1011
What you need to know about donating convalescent plasma (CCP) at SunCoast Blood Centers:
- If you think you had the virus but were not tested and want to donate CCP, call our hotline at 941-993-8119 (M-F 8-5) or email email@example.com and you will be screened to see if you are eligible for antibody testing.
- If you have a lab test that is positive for the virus you do not need an antibody test, but you must make an appointment to donate plasma by calling 941-993-8119 (M-F 8-5) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be free of any symptoms for more than 14 days.
Message from “The Rock”
Listen to this important message from Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. If you or someone you know have recovered from COVID-19, please donate convalescent plasma. SunCoast is now testing all successful blood donations for these antibodies.
Thank you for your willingness to save lives in your community!
Photos from SunCoast Blood Centers Facebook Page.