There is Still Time to Get Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot
The most important election of our time is just about a month away. If you can’t get out to vote, there is still time to receive a vote-by-mail ballot.
You have to act fast! Any voter that wants to vote by mail must send their request to the election’s office now. Your request has to be received by the election’s office by Saturday, October 24 by 5pm. This is important as it will allow enough time for you to receive the ballot and returned to the elections office in time to be counted.
You can submit a request for a mail-in ballot to or you can call them at 941 861-8618. Also, if you have additional questions about how to Vote-By-Mail, visit the website or call 941 861-8619.
From the Supervisor of Elections Website if you need to register to vote:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must be a Florida resident
- Be 18 years old (A person who is otherwise qualified may preregister on or after his/her 16th birthday and may vote in any election on or after his/her 18th birthday.)
- Not now be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your right to vote having been restored
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver license number or Florida identification card number. You must provide the last four of your Social Security number if you do not have a Florida driver license number or a Florida identification card number. If you have not been issued any of these items, you must write “NONE” in the box indicated on the Voter Registration Application.
Florida residents may now apply to register to vote or update their existing voter registration record online. Go online to complete and submit an online application.
Photo from Deposit Photos