There was a very special check presentation last night at the Swordfish Grill and Tiki in Cortez, Florida. Owner, John Banyas, General Manager Bob Slicker of the Swordfish, along with show Producer, Laura Bell Adams of The Sarasota Post and main sponsor Heidi Johnston of Re/Max Alliance group presented a huge check to Bill Evers and Dick Moore of F.E.L.T.
The “Giving Back” charity event was held at the Swordfish Grill and Tiki on Tuesday September, 13, 2016. Local musicians Tim Chandler, Dana Lawrence, Billy Rice, Kim Betts, Tanya Mccormic, Twinkle and Terry Helm donated their time to perform at the event. Leo Binetti was the Musical Director for the event.
This is the third year in a row that this special event was held at the Swordfish. The team at Sande Caplin and Associates along with the awesome Swordfish team were the founders of the event.
Feeding Empty Little Tummies is a non-profit organization that helps to feed children that would otherwise go hungry on the weekend. Each kid goes home from school on Friday with a backpack filled with nutritious food.
From Heidi Johnston:
It was a private event with 200 tickets sold. There was a silent and live auction and sponsoring a child which generated over half of the proceeds.
Live auction items:
* Darwin Brewing Company donated a 6 person tour of the facility with an opportunity to make your own brew, followed by a dinner party at the Swordfish Grill and tasting of the beer made.
* Beautiful aluminum Bonefish donated by Kozmits creations and Rob Kozmit.
* Weekend getaway on Jewfish Key at a home donated by a board member of FELT, Pat Roberts.
* Guitar signed by all the musicians that donated their time for that evening. Guitar donated by Sam Ash.
* Waves Boat & Social Club.
* 35 person sunset cruise on the Eddy Lee Z, donated by Gay Zink and Cortez Deep Sea Fishing. Catered by the Swordfish Grill & Tiki Bar.
Some of the silent auction items included where donated by YOLO Parasail, Premier weight loss, Pittsburg Pirates, Bridge Street Bizarre, Dreammaker Limousine, AMI Beach fun rentals, N.E. Taylor Boatworks, Cortez Bait & Seafood- Killerbait, Cortez Watersports, Local Artist Rose Lipke, Harry’s Continental Kitchen, Heitel Jewelers, The Tipsy Artist.
Plans are being formulated for next years “Giving Back” event in September, 2017 at the Swordfish Grill and Tiki!
Photos by Vicky Sullivan / Rock the Lens Photography